Every year when one of the boys’ birthday approaches I wonder how I’m going to pull off another birthday party. As much as I love making Josh and William happy, it would be lying to say I enjoy entertaining a crowd of crazy excited kiddos by myself. But I can’t bear to let them down, and the thing is, every single time it’s turned out great even for me. I have to remind myself of it to get the energy to do it again. This year again, things turned out fantastically.
Josh’s only expectation was for friends, a cake and a pinata. He’s been obsessed with pokemons lately so I made it a theme party again this year. He would have liked to invite his entire class but that’s not something I could do, especially in the winter, so we agreed on 7 friends.
On the morning of the party I let him open a present from Mom and a present from Dad. I knew he’d be happy to have them for the party.
![]() |
| A pokemon book that lists all the pokemons and their evolutions with pictures and characteristics. Perfect for a new reader. |
![]() |
| And Ash’s hat (Ash is the main pokemon trainer from the TV show) |
![]() | ||||||||||||||||||
| This age really is awesome. They are so easy to satisfy, they get so excited over simple things and they are so grateful. |
When the guests arrived, they were given a pokemon card with their picture on it. I had designed them online using a free website (http://www.mypokecard.com/fr/). They were told to find the corresponding pokemon in Josh’s pokemon book and color it (I had printed coloring sheets). I made up the names on the cards using the children’s own names and the name of a famous pokemon, and personalized their attacks and special skills.
Most of the boys knew about pokemons, but even the girls who didn’t know much enjoyed seeing their picture on a card and reading their special skills and pokename.
Then they had to train to be able to defeat the evil pokémon. We played a target game (with nerf guns), a precision game (pulling a strip of paper from under a ketchup bottle without making it fall), and a racing game with plastic cups (a big pleaser). I’d found the ideas browsing through various pins on pinterest.

Then they were ready to battle the evil pokemon Meowth (the pinata). They had to use their special attacks (from their card) when I called their names (I was their trainer). It was chaotic to say the least but they loved it.
Then Josh opened his presents. He was spoiled.
And we ate the cake. This video gives an idea of the level of excitement in the house:
They had a really fun time and so did I (in hindsight). Josh is such a great kid, I am happy he had such a fun time with his friends. Happy birthday to my big boy!








Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire