A few pictures of a quick trip to Aix-les-bains in the fall. It was a gorgeous day and I was excited to show this pretty town to the boys. I have great memories of coming here to swim when I was visiting my Grandma. My parents dropped us off at the lake and went to Yenne, a nearby town where my grand-parents used to live. It was "La Toussaint", or All Saints Day, so they went to the cemetary to put flowers on the tombs.
I told the boys the legend about one of the mountain peaks near the lake (as my Grandma told it to me when I was a kid). The peak is called "La dent du Chat" (the cat’s tooth). The legend says that there once was a giant ogre cat sitting on top of the mountain guarding it. He would eat all the people who tried to cross the mountain. Eventually he got old and started loosing his eye sight. He was so tall he couldn’t see the people far down the mountain, so he bought a pair of giant glasses. Well one day, he was chasing some people to eat them, but he tripped and bit the mountain instead. His tooth got stuck at the top of the mountain (there’s a peak on the mountain that ressembles a tooth), and he lost his glasses which formed the lake at the bottom of the mountain.
Isn’t it the best story? The funny thing is I don’t think it’s the original legend... I’ve read a different version since but I like my Grandma’s version a lot better and it’s more kids friendly, so that’s the one I’m passing on to my children.
After playing around the lake we went home and stopped in Allevard for dinner while Grand-Papa and Grand-Maman were visiting a friend. It was a great day.



Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire