The highlight of this incredible 4-day week-end, and the actual reason for our coming to Paris, was the open house of the new Paris temple where Grand-papa and Grand-maman will be serving for the next few years. Members of the Church in France have been waiting and praying for this temple for decades.
![]() |
| The front entrance (source: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org) |
This building is so much more than a pretty place where we accomplish marriages. It is a place of revelation and instruction, a place of commitment, a place of service, a harbor of peace and holiness, where we can feel the presence of God and find answers to our prayers. It is a pattern for what I want to create in my home.
![]() | |
| The stunning glass ceiling above the main staircase (source : https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org) |
Because entering a consecrated temple requires a high level of preparation, understanding and willingness to comply with the Church's teachings, a lot of people, including children, don't have the blessing to experience what it is like inside. An open house (before consecrating the building) is the only opportunity for non-members and children to visit the temple.
I visited the Swiss temple as a kid (after renovation work required a new consecration) and I felt so peaceful inside. I wanted Josh and William to have an opportunity to feel the same and gain a desire to enter this place later, when they are prepared.
![]() |
| There's beautiful art glass all around the building (source : https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org) |
Pictures are not permitted inside the temple, so I'm using official pictures published by the church (which are way prettier anyway). But the mental picture I've kept from this visit, is standing in one of the sealing rooms with Joshua and William, looking at our endless reflection in the infinity mirrors (2 mirrors placed opposite of each other so you can see your reflection endlessly). My greatest hope and desire is to be with them eternally.
![]() |
| A sealing room with its infinity mirror (source: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org) |
I think Josh and William's favorite room was the baptistry. It is the first area they will be able to enter after they turn 12. I hope we can go there together when they are ready.
![]() | |||
| The baptistry (source: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org) |
| So glad to be eternally sealed to this girl too! |
After the visits of the day ended and the temple gates closed, William and I sneaked back outside (the Temple President's house is inside the gates) to enjoy the beautiful feelings of peace and holiness that surround the building.
| William and I, happy to be alone in the temple garden (in pyjamas :)) |
We can't wait to come back for the consecration next month!





Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire