mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Fifty years of love and service

Sunday the 12th of July (2015), my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary. What a great team they are! I am so proud to be their daughter. I’m amazed at how much they have accomplished together, how many lives they have touched and how much love and service they have given and continue to give.


Fifty years of love
The celebration started with part of the family on Sunday. We had a big lunch (Nicki made burgers!) and a relaxing afternoon enjoying beautiful weather and good company.



Looking back, I can’t help noticing that Nicki did all the work: here she is now, entertaining the kids with waterguns.

My giant bubbles failed to convince.

The kids put on an acrobatics show:





And then a photoshoot for this gorgeous couple:



My Mom thought it would be fun to recreate an old family picture of my Dad’s grand-parents on THEIR 50th anniversary. Here they are, 60 years apart, sitting in front of the same house!

                
                July 2015
            Gérard and Annie Giraud-Carrier
October 1955
François and Justine Giraud-Carrier





Nicki had scored an upgrade on her rental car. We all took turns driving the convertible around Revel (shh!)
 



A few days later, more family arrived and the celebration continued. On the 16th, my parents took the younger grand-children to the movie theater and KFC.


They watched Hotel Transylvania 2 if I remember correctly



William’s signature "don’t mess with me" face



And on Friday the 17th all the adults went to a restaurant in Grenoble. The view from the Bastille is  spectacular and the food was delicious.






We got them fifty "golden" presents for their golden wedding anniversary and seats to an opera in Paris.
I love my Dad’s puzzled face when he opened the first present: a pack of Roudor biscuits.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire