lundi 22 octobre 2012

Happy times along the creek

One of my goals last year was to improve my photography skills. I discovered a lot of fancy words like aperture, shutter speed, ISO or exposure but I still don't really understand what they mean or how I can use them. I'm still pretty much limited to auto mode, and portrait, but I love playing with my camera settings and figuring it out.

I'm really starting to appreciate photography. I don't think I ever realized how much creativity and thinking could be put into it. I'm not talking about my photography, there isn't anything creative in it yet, but now I can see creativity in other people's photographs and I consider it a real art.

This little outing along the creek was the perfect excuse for a photography session. These last few months the creek as really become my haven, it is so beautiful, peaceful and private (and obviously an unlimited source of sticks, rocks and water for the boys to play). I'm so glad to live so close to it, we can just walk there anytime we want. I'm lucky I have such cute and willing models (as long as I don't ask them to pose). The day was October 22nd, it was one of those perfect fall days in Colorado. It is my favorite photo session so far. That's exactly how I want to remember my boys at this age, happy, playful and full of energy.











1 commentaire: