mardi 12 juillet 2016

Beginning of summer activities

 July 2016

Our neighbors organized a camping birthday party for their 10 year old son in the forrest around Freydiere. We went up to spend the evening with them and to take their younger son (Josh’s age) home with us for sleeping because they thought they wouldn’t have enough room for him in the tents (it turned out not all the kids stayed for the night so we didn’t end up taking him home with us). It was a super fun evening.


I wish I was adventurous enough to do this for my kids but as much as I love the idea, I can’t picture myself sleeping in the wild with half a dozen kids.



When it got dark we went home and slept comfortably in our beds, that’s how I like camping.

William got a little sick at the end of the school year. Here he is, resting in Grand-papa and Grand-maman’s garden, eating freshly picked raspberries.


William again, fully recovered, playing in the pool.


There was an outdoor movie night just outside our door, it reminded us of our time in family housing. The movie wasn’t particularly entertaining but the activity was fun in itself.



William received a sun-powered watermill kit for his birthday. We had fun building it and watching it operate.


It worked really well:


I bought a small electric lawnmower that is light enough and safe enough for the boys to use (it’s a string trimmer, it doesn’t have a blade). Now I shamefully take advantage of my boys to do the lawnmowing (I pay them a little to help maintain their motivation).



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire