mardi 26 juillet 2016

William’s birthday party

 July 2016

William, my baby, turned 6 years old in July. He loves sports, swimming, the color pink, video games (Splatoon, Mario Kart). He is a talented artist and a very athletic kid. He hates most cheeses, especially melted ones, quiche, potatoes but he eats fruit and raw veggies like it’s candy. He is doing great in school and is quite the lady killer. I volunteered to accompany his class to the pool once and this little girl started crying when I sat next to him in the bus because she was jealous of me.

For his birthday party we decided to plan fair-type activities. He invited six friends.

First we decorated and assembled pinwheels.



Then we played knock the can.


Then we went looking for candy under the candy tree.
 




Then the kids bobbed for apples.




Then we did a sponge race (they didn’t care too much about that).


And finally we played hanging donuts. They loved that.





The cake was supposed to represent Grand-papa and Grand-maman’s swimming pool with William floating in the water and a towel on the side. William was not convinced with my fondant modelling skills and didn’t think it was an accurate depiction. Oh well... kids keep you humble.



I asked parents to come early to help supervise the kids in the pool. I waited until they arrived to let the kids in the pool. We finished the day enjoying cool water and a beautiful scenery.



 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire