samedi 12 septembre 2015

A new school year and a new apartment

September 2015

 After our trip to Boulder, the boys only had a couple of days to recover from jetlag before it was time to head back to school: 2nd grade for Joshua, Kindergarten for William.

Since there’s only one class per grade level in this school, there’s no surprise which friends will be in the same class

William (far left with striped Tee) in his classroom

 The day before the beginning of school, we got the keys to our new apartment: a two bedroom ground floor apartment with a small garden in the front and the back. It is perfectly located: pretty much next door to the school and the park (including a soccer field and an old tennis court) and five minutes walking to my parents’ house. The boys need to share a room but considering it took us two years to get this, I won’t let them complain.

William found the perfect spot to play Nintendo while I stripped the walls and painted
The front door
The boys bedroom


The kitchen my Dad spent an entire week building (there was only a sink before)

The living room and the garden in the back
 I’m so grateful to have this place so close to my parents, in a quaint, peaceful, little village. Life continues to be difficult and frustrating sometimes (did I mention I spilled 2 or 3 gallons of white paint in my car the week we moved in?) but there’s so much to be grateful for. This entire year has been a happy and blessed year.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire