vendredi 28 août 2015

Summer trip to Boulder (August 2015)

In August (2015) the boys and I flew to Denver so they could  spend some time with their Dad. It had been two years since we had last been in America and I was wondering what the boys would remember and recognize.

As expected, the plane ride was fun and exciting. The first thing we did when we landed (on our layover) was getting some Jamba Juice. They didn’t remember it, but now they keep asking for it!
Denver at last : Happy to see Dad
The boys stayed with Rex the first week and a half while I stayed near our old appartment in Family Housing. Uncle Cody and Gramma came to visit.

Chuck E. Cheese with Dad

The boys hanging out at Dad’s place

Boulder playgrounds and Pearl street fountain

Hanging out with Cody, bowling, mini-golfing, sun-bathing etc.

Visiting museums

Fishing at Gross Reservoir
 While they were having fun with their Dad, I visited friends and hiked and shopped and did all the things I never had time for when we were living there.


I will never be tired of these rocks and mountains and blue skies

The Royal Arches, the Flatirons and the view from Flagstaff (Sunrise amphitheater)

The Flatirons on the left and Amy overlooking the Rockies on the right

With Jennifer, Amy, Sarah and Emily

With Clancy and Linda



The boys and I had three or four days together before heading back home, so we packed them with yet more fun and visits with friends.
Our favorite playgrounds (Josh remembered that one)
Deer sighting in Smiley Court

Playing in the creek

Dinner with friends
On the bus going to the pool

We used to go to that pool all the time (North Boulder REC)



Another pool we used to go to, near Spruce street

Mexican food and deserts from Panera. Josh wanted a second cookie after dinner so I gave him some money and told him to go order it. He was so cute, he recited the sentence I had told him, then the waiter told him it was $2.85, he gave the money and then he left, without his cookie, or his change!
Our beloved library, the penny fountain and the creek

More playgrounds, more memories







The day before we left, we had a potluck dinner with many friends who have stayed in the area. Several of them have moved out of Family Housing so it was fun reuniting around our old appartments, just like before. This place is full of wonderful memories: so many babyshowers, potlucks, birthdays, play dates and so many hours watching our kids run around while discussing life and parenting, crying, laughing, encouraging and supporting each other...

Brian and Marisa, Ben and Stephanie, Heidi and Kevin, Maggie and Dean, Sarah and Nathan, Maria and Patrik, Emily and Justin, Mike and Jeannie, Leslee and Wayne and all the children



How wonderful it was to spend some time with dear friends, and to say one last good-bye to Colorado. We have really loved it there.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire