My Mom is the best. There isn't a better way to start the day than with an email from your Mom 5,000 miles away that says: "I'll be here tomorrow". Totally made my day!
I would like to add that over the last few months, my Mom has called me every single day to check on me (even though it means getting up at 5am to catch me at good time here). That's my Mom.
The visit was unplanned, but it couldn't have fallen at a better time, not only was she here for the Bolder Boulder and the Creek Festival, but she was also here for French Mother's day.
We went out to my new favorite restaurant in Boulder (the Med) and had a lovely time.
 |
| Arugula salad with caramelized dates and gorgonzola, with a side of sautéed mushroom and bacon wrapped dates and finally eggplant parmesan. Scrumptious! |
Then we treated ourselves to a nice pedicure
The day after she arrived, we were at the grocery store when I got a phone call from my sister in law (who lives in Utah). I answered the phone and totally matter of factly told her I was grocery shopping with Mom. She asked with surprise : "whose Mom?" and then I realized my Mom's visit was so spontaneous she hadn't had time to tell any of my other siblings. It was just perfect that my sister in law was calling to ask if they could stop by to see us on the way back from their vacation to Illinois!
 |
| The cousin table missing Laurine (Josh and William were litterally bouncing off the walls that night) |
 |
| And the adults, they will hate me forever for posting this horrendous picture of their tired faces after what? 15 hours in the car, but that's the only proof I have that we were together! |
She was also here for the Children's Festival, my favorite Family Housing event, which helped tremendously. Again this year it was a great success. It was my 4th time working this event, wow!
 |
| Maggie explaining the rules to her obstacle course with Josh and his friend Zeke waiting in line. |
 |
| My colleague Nichole painted the flower on my face |
 |
| William played at the toddler area |
 |
| Josh in the bouncy slide |
 |
| William in the bouncy slide |
 |
| William and Grand-Maman |
 |
| Josh and Maman |
 |
| Driving the police car |
 |
| Showing his gun to our police officer |
 |
| This one is funny because it totally looks like he's getting in trouble (but he wasn't) |
 |
| The "sound system" |
 |
| The acrobats |
 |
| Pretty cool... |
 |
| Zoe and Sierra imitating the acrobats, I'm impressed! : ) |
Another Mother-Daughter date, we went to Panera:
Flew a kite, it is fun at any age:
 |
| except when the streamer gets in the way... |
Introduced my Mom to Coldstone. The experience involves watching someone slather your ice cream on a cold counter top and furiously stab it to incorporate various toppings. I'm not germophobic but it gags me a little every time... (the result is worth it tho).
Visited the temple:
And last but not least, had dinner at Chuck E. Cheese with our friend Brother Gibson. He is now officially the boys' new hero.
I think we should do it all over again... tomorrow. Ok Mom?
I want to be that kind of Mom, so happy for your surprise!
RépondreSupprimerAw, so great! You have some wonderful parents, L-A! Also, I LOVE that Brother Gibson came to Chuck E. Cheese and played with your boys. What a great ward, that Boulder ward! <3
RépondreSupprimerI'm so happy for you! what a wonderful surprise!! Yes, I agree with Marisa. I was totally laughing at the pic of Bro.Gibson playing with Josh. Such a sweet guy. He is our hero, too:-)
RépondreSupprimerJust reading your blog made my day!