jeudi 25 août 2011

Preschool and Summer catch-up






After a week or so of diligent attempts (or not), I had to admit to myself that #3 on my list will not go on. Yes I'm a chocolate addict, but I haven't reached the repenting stage yet.


I'm still working on the rest of the list though.


So, the summer is over... basically. Josh goes to preschool two mornings a week and he's ecstatic (so am I). We're slowly getting used to our new schedule but it still kind of feels like summer with the extreme heat, the afternoons at the playground and the dinners outside.


Monday was Joshua's first day in Preschool. He was exceedingly proud and excited. This is him on our door-step with Russell before school.


He was there for almost 4 hours. He had breakfast and lunch there, and he told me he played with an airplane and cars. I also noticed he started singing a song I didn't know that day, and he picked up a new phrase that he loves to use: "understand?" It's only funny if you imagine him saying it with a very stern, almost angry voice. It shocked me at first (because we've never used that exact phrase with him... at least not in English) but knowing my child I am not surprised he had to be disciplined and I'm glad for once I didn't have to do it.


We did some pretty cool things these past few months that I haven't had time to document, so I'm going to throw it all in here.


Skateboarding with Daddy on our way back from the library
(notice the big grin AND the strong grip)

Anne U. White trail with our Friends the Fergusons.

Have I already said we live in the most beautiful place on Earth?
Ready for a 3-mile hike, Josh insisted on leading the way the whole time (he always does)
 I'm a fan of the hands on the backpack.
A tired/bored William


 The much anticipated cascade (a little dirty in my opinion). Happy at last.



The way back: on Daddy's shoulders of course
Aren't they cute!



Soccer Club!
One of Joshua's favorite things is playing with balls so I had to take him there.
It took him a few times to get used to the rules (can you guess he wasn't very interested in taking turns and playing games rather than shooting the ball in the goal?)


Practicing knocking down/straightening the cone using only his feet,
Really tempted to take the ball and start running around... but he managed to wait
The tail game
Chasing the biggest kids around
Cute William messing with the soccer club equipment





William's 1st birthday!
July 16th. We didn't plan anything special. Our friends the Jacksons had watched our kids the week before so we could go to the temple so we watched theirs, and William had two big buddies to play with on his birthday (one of them named William as well).




It started raining a little bit so we picnicked inside.
 


Strawberry shortcake, presents and Grand-Maman's card


Colorado Springs
We took a couple of days off to go visit this amazing city only 2 hours away from where we live. We were mesmerized by its beauty.


Seven Falls


We took an elevator (inside the mountain) up to a platform where we had a stunning view of the falls.
 

Josh admiring the view
Then we climbed up the stairs along the mountain and the cascade to get even closer.
Don't look down William!
and then back to the cabin where we stayed one night:

they had a pool, which got both William and Josh really excited
William having his own kind of fun



Still in Colorado Springs: The garden of the Gods


Notice the excitement of being hooked to a trailer loaded with 2 kids.
I didn't make it very far and then Russell kindly offered to switch bikes and rode a woman's bike for the rest of the visit.


Amazing view




I said I wanted to work out...













Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire