On the program were:
- pH tests
- self-inflating balloons
- slime
- microscope observation
That was for the geeky part of the birthday... For the rest of the time, I planned on letting them play "Just Dance" on the Wii U.
Sadly there was a problem with my camera settings and most of my pictures turned out pink. But they’re good enough to give an idea of that fun day
We used red cabbage as the pH indicator and it worked wonders. I had selected a few household solutions the kids could test (dish soap, vinegar, lemon juice, saline drops, baking soda) and the kids also made their own mixtures. They had a ton of fun mixing up things and getting different colors.
Slime making was messy and didn't work quite as well. My recipe wasn't right and their slime got too thick but some worked reasonnably well. I had prepared little plastic cups for them to put the slime in and create farting sounds. It took a little bit of practice to create just the right fart sound but obviously that captured their attention.
Then, they chitchatted over who has ever been in love with whom, old memories from meeting in preschool, and other very important subjects.
Now, they're getting bigger but they still love to climb on the tree house and spin on the swing.
Then Joshua opened a truck load of presents.
And finally we turned on "Just Dance" and it was quite the entertainment. Some of these kids are born performers!
Phew! I can't believe I managed to pull off another birthday party! These birthday parties will be the end of me.






Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire