Our dear friends the Hardings, who have been our partners in numerous play dates and fun activities over the last three years moved back to Utah early in December. I was sad to see them go but it wasn't a sad good-bye: good friends stay close in heart.
We were blessed to move to our ward in Grenoble the exact same week, after we all left the US (they came to study for a PhD at a business school). Loving them was so easy. They were a pillar for me as I was recovering from my divorce and learning to raise my boys alone. We had fun celebrating American holidays together and teaching music together in Primary. And I can't count how many times I texted or emailed Kim for advice on a translation job! We commiserated on our humble situation - they were poor students, I was leaving with my parents - and we dreamt of better days! Maybe one day we will actually all live in beautiful mansions in the same neighborhood in California!
Meanwhile Josh and William will miss Kate, Ada and Jake. And we can't wait to meet the new baby on the way!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire