Beginning of May 2016
Since I was a child, I remember praying and hoping for the day there would be a temple in France. Since my Dad worked as a facilities manager for the church for years I knew there had been several failed attempts at securing a location over the last two or three decades. That’s why I was so happy when president Monson announced the purchase of a property for the construction of a temple near Paris.
Until then we had been going to the swiss temple in Bern. It is a special place for me: my parents were sealed together there (in 1969), it is the first temple I entered (during the open house when it was rededicated in 1992 - I was 8 - and later when I was twelve), and it is where I received my endowments.
One beautiful Sunday afternoon in May, Josh and I made a lego replica of this temple.
A few weeks later, I went to the church’s offices in Torcy for a translation seminar (the boys were in Lyon with their Dad during that time) and I was lucky to get a sneak peek of the beautiful stained glass hand-made for the Paris temple. It had just been shipped from Utah and a team of designers was working on the pieces to assemble them and make some size adjustments. It made me even more excited for the coming temple.
A
few weeks later we found out my parents were called to serve as first
president and matron of the temple. Now the Paris temple is going to
have a special place in my heart too.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire