March 2016
In March 2016, we were very fortunate to
have the visit of a member of the twelve apostles in our stake: elder D. Todd
Christofferson. Our ward rented a bus to go to the congress center in
Lyon together so it was extra special and extra fun.
 |
| The boys standing in front of the congress center. This is where I had my graduation ceremony back in 2007. |
 |
| Seating in the room with their cousin, Auréa early on. |
 |
| Our stake president and elder Christofferson are on the far left |
Elder
Christofferson offered to shake hands with all the children. so they
all went and stood in a long line. When William finally walked in front
of him he passed him without stopping, I’m not sure he knew who he was
supposed to shake hands with, but Elder Christofferson called him back
to shake his hand.
 |
| With William |
 |
| With Josh |
A
few weeks later was general conference. Earlier in the year the boys
had submitted something to the Friend magazine (a foot print where
they’d written what they wanted to do to follow Jesus) but as far as we
know their submissions were not published. But apparently the Friend
kept their names and my email and they contacted me 2 weeks before
conference asking me if the boys would participate in the show and tell
about conference. They asked me to send pictures ahead of time and to
make sure to return the boys’ submissions immediately after conference
so it could be published in the following issue of the Friend magazine.
So
I grabbed my camera and tried to take the most Friend-worthy portrait I
could of each boy. I’m glad I had this excuse to take their picture
because they usually don’t let me shoot at them so willingly.
 |
| William |
 |
| Josh |
And here they are in the May 2016 issue of the Friend magazine.
Meanwhile
I took my own portrait after going to the hairdresser. I asked for the same haircut as the model on the far left. I didn’t get exactly what I asked but I liked the result nonetheless.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire