vendredi 20 mars 2015

A week-end in the Swiss Alps

Some people are cool, and some people are the coolest... Now if you’re friends with the first group you’re lucky, but if you’re friends with the second group you are ... why, the luckiest.

You guessed I’m one of the luckiest. I have many friends and family members who are cooler than the coolest and I feel super lucky. Which brings me to my "cooler than the coolest" friends Em and Don (who need no introduction on this blog) and their amazing generosity in inviting us to spend a week-end with them in a beautiful ski village in the Swiss Alps.

Because they also have super cool friends, they had been invited to use a Chalet in the mountain for a week-end, and they offered the boys and I to come join them. The chalet is in a gorgeous village called Champéry, between Monthey and Morzine, in the Mountain. It’s right out of a post card.

The view from our room on Saturday morning
 All we had time for was a short week-end, because it was a school week, but we were lucky to have great weather. The snow was fresh when we arrived, and it snowed some more while we were there (I was so glad to have chains in the trunk I got really close to having to use them).

William, Josh and Sam playing near the chalet
 The boys played around the house, and we went sledding near the cross country trails before we found another slope (more kid friendly) near the house.

 William chilling in the snow

Until Don sneaked up behind him

 William, lost in a sea of snow. It was beautiful and kinda steep.

Then William pretended he was at the beach and naively decided to burry himself under the snow...


« Dah dah, da doo, uh bah bah bah bah bah boo
When life gets rough, I like to hold on to my dream,
Of relaxing in the summer sun, just lettin' off steam.
Rrr Raht da daht dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah doo »
 (Olaf)


Apparently getting burried in the snow wasn’t exactly what they’d imagined (but they continued doing it nonetheless even after their gloves were soaked wet). 


 One of the countless typical swiss chalets in the village :


More sledding :








We played games, ate delicious food (cheese raclette-yum), relaxed and let the boys play.

 I’ve grown tired of dragging my dslr camera everywhere, cause it’s big, and fragile, so this particular time I decided to leave it at home and use only my phone camera... Now I remember why I wanted a DSLR so badly. All my pictures suck... But we made great memories anyway. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire