samedi 9 mars 2013

When the snow finally came

Apparently I just had to post about the lack of snow, to get a huge dump of it. This last month has been pretty awesome as far as snow goes. We got to take at least 4 or 5 little snow outings to the Rocket Ship park where we love to go sledding and we played around the Family Housing too. Josh discovered jumps and he had a blast learning to aim at the jump and fly in the air (I don't understand how he can appreciate it after experiencing the landing myself). William as it turns out, is not a huge fan of snow, at least not sledding... but he warmed up to it a little bit after a few outings.



Friends and snow make for the perfect combination in my book. On a sunny Friday morning we met Em, Don and Sam at the park for a little fun. William refused to sled but he had a blast attacking Em and Don with snow balls.






Josh and Sam: these 2 cool dudes are the bestest friends.




Josh also started being interested in skiing. I didn't think he'd try very long especially since the slope wasn't great and the snow not packed at all but he was actually very persistent. I think he tried for a good 30-40min at least, I was very proud of him.



On another one of these outings:




 And yet another outing, somewhat unplanned, but we bumped into our friends the Petersens by chance and had the best time.


The cutest gang: they entertained themselves for what seemed an eternity.


Lastly I found myself the cutest running buddy. Believe it or not, this kiddo rode his bike for 3.5 miles to accompany me on one of my runs! He was a trooper, it was my slowest run but the most enjoyable, and we heard a lot of oohs and aahhs from endeared runners and bikers on the creek path, we may have started a trend. I've been feeling pretty excited about my progress in running lately. I doubt I'll still be in Boulder for the Bolder Boulder but if I am, I hope I can run it. I've heard people say you need a minimum of rage and insanity to be a good runner, and I think they're right. I never made so much progress as when I started venting my anger and frustration by pounding on the ground.




1 commentaire:

  1. I need to let your sledding trips inspire me--for some reason, even though we are right across the street, I cannot muster the energy to go over there more than once a year. Congrats on your running progress! Such a great hobby--so many ways to set and achieve goals and all you need is a good pair of shoes! Go mama go.

    RépondreSupprimer