lundi 25 février 2013

A tribute to Great Gramma Parks

Marjorie Christensen Parks, Josh and William's Great Gramma (Rex's Gramma on his Dad's side) passed away on Dec 31st. She was 91.
Joshua was named after her (Christensen), in honor of her pioneer heritage. 
She was the Great Grand-daughter of Neils Christensen, a Danish convert who moved to Utah in 1860 after being converted to the gospel in Denmark. Neils and his 4 children were part of the William Budge company who crossed the plains in the summer and fall of 1860, arriving in Salt Lake City in October of 1860. They were among the very first settlers of Hyrum, Utah.

Great Gramma Parks spent most of her adult life in the Bay area (Vallejo), where she had 3 boys. She was the prettiest and spunkiest Gramma I knew. I don't know much about her life, but I loved her personality and feistiness. She was very independent, and had a young mind. 

We got to visit with her last winter while she was visiting cousins in Arizona and it was so nice to get her to meet her Great Grandsons. They loved her instantly.






We didn't get to go to her funeral service in California, but we had a family home evening dedicated to her just before the funeral. We watched pictures and made paper towel butterflies, because she loved butterflies.






Rex took the butterflies to California with him. The boys and I were happy to participate in her remembrance and I hope it will help them remember her and their rich heritage.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire