Allow me to explain a little where I come from. I grew up in a country where fire arms are extremely regulated. No one, except for law enforcement people and hunters (under pretty strict regulations) is allowed to own a gun. I watched American action movies on TV and was shown movies like "Bowling for Columbine" in school and pictured a country where people carried guns in their purses and glove compartments and where anytime, anywhere a crazy fanatic could jump out of a corner and start shooting people.
Anyway when one of my friends from our preschool co-op offered to take us on a shooting expedition, my guts were squeezed but I knew I wanted to try. I'm not sure if I was right or wrong. It's one of these things like first aid response, you know you have to learn to do it, but once you do, you're liable.
Candee was awesome at giving Emily and I our first gun safety lesson. She kept saying "this is a real weapon, this can kill people".
Emily and I were a little nervous and giddy (or was it just me?)
Wondering what we were so fiercely shooting at? A diaper box with the picture of a baby on it! Incidental or subconscious revenge? Who knows... haha!
I can honestly say I enjoyed it (not shooting at babies! shooting in general). But I'm left wondering if I could actually use a gun if I ever needed it... part of me wishes I could still say I don't know how to.


Man! I'm so bummed that I missed out on this. Looks like you guys had such a fun time. I sure do miss all of you!
RépondreSupprimerWe missed you too. Too bad we couldn't do it before you moved!
SupprimerThe boys are still asking about you. Less than 10min ago I heard Josh explain to William that Adam had moved (after William asked to go to Adam's house I guess!)