lundi 23 mai 2011

waiting for the summer

I think we've had the worst month of May in decades this year. We had to spend more time inside than we have in the entire winter. The rain poured for weeks and weeks, we had wind, storms, hail, thunder and lighting up until last week. At last it seems it's over now and we're going to enter summer without having a chance of tasting spring. Oh well...

I had a fright last week when I opened my door after a storm and discovered 3" of water on the courtyard, only a few feet away from 2 of my close neighbors' doors. This made the possibility of a flood so much more real to me. I must admit when I heard my manager talk to us about flood prevention during training this year and last year, I didn't take the threat very seriously (although the creek path was flooded for a few days last week). Well now I do, and I don't think I'm the only one.

On a good note, we definetely made good use of our rain boots and had tons of fun jumping in the puddles.








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire