mercredi 6 avril 2011

Babysitting fiasco


A few days ago, Russell asked me how many children I wanted to have (we've talked about this before, but we've never decided on a specific number). I answered the same way I usually do: "as many as we can handle". Then he told me how many he might want, and I was surprised because it wasn't as many as I would have guessed.

Anyways, after debating what constitutes a large family, I started thinking about how "as many as we can handle" can be interpreted differently. For me, it means as much as I can. For Russell it means not TOO many.

After today and last Wednesday I've come to the realization that "as many as I can handle" might possibly be only 2.

Wednesday morning is the day I babysit our friends' children, Kaden and Sean as an exchange for them watching Joshua on Monday and Tuesday mornings (3 families, 3 boys about the same age). It usually goes a lot smoother than that, but today was a nightmare.



I'm surprised my neighbor hasn't called Social Services yet.

The funny part was Joshua giving his friends the evil eye because they were crying louder than him. He even went to Sean and told him: "Stop Seanie! My crying!"









3 commentaires:

  1. Oh no!! Ha, Laurie-Anne I'm sorry but that is funny!! Was that William over there crying too? Oh dear! :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh man! What a rough day! The video was funny but I know being in the situation wouldn't be as amusing!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. hahaha! Wow. Well, I will never call my life crazy again. Thanks for putting things into perspective for me!

    RépondreSupprimer