vendredi 18 décembre 2015

Christmas preparations

December 2015

Decorating gingerbread houses is not a french thing at all. I didn’t grow up doing it. But we did it with our friends in Boulder, the Gourgouris’, before we moved to France and the boys loved it. I wanted to continue the tradition here and fortunately I came across these gingerbread house kits at IKEA. This activity was a huge hit although none of us is fond of gingerbread so it took us two years to finish eating them (actually we didn’t: I stored them in a ziploc bag on top of the fridge and they stayed there for months until I finally threw them away recently). 







I said we’re not fond of gingerbread. I said nothing about candy...




Mathias came over to play with the boys. He is very tall (over 1m90cm) and William’s favorite thing to do is sit on his shoulders all day.

My sister-in-law sent us some twizzlers. Thanks Isabelle!


Josh participated in a karate tournament with his class and got first place.



Here he is with his gold medal !
 
December is also the perfect month for going ice skating. We don’t have an outdoor ice rink in Grenoble but the indoor one is great.




The school’s Parents’ association organizes a Christmas party every year. This year they booked a magician. He was incredible. The pictures didn’t turn out but we had such a great time.


This year my sister Emmanuelle asked my dad if he would let her cut a tree on the plot of land he owns in the forest up of Revel for her Christmas tree. I tagged along and we had a fun time walking around the plot looking for the perfect tree with my mom and dad.


Woodcutting is in our blood
The boys also had a christmas party during their weekly swim lesson. When they came out of the pool, they had drawings of reindeer, stars and such all over their bodies.



Also we visited the Christmas market in Grenoble. The boys rode a few rides and met Santa.



Josh got caught red-handed (quite literally)

One waffle fan, one crepe fan

A few runs down the inflatable slide
We went back to the ice-rink with my sister Rachel and her boys.



And we went to the movie theater with Grand-papa, Grand-maman and Coco to watch Star Wars The force awakens.
On Christmas eve, the entire family went caroling around the neighborhood. The boys loved being outside in the dark goofing off with their cousins.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire