lundi 1 décembre 2014

Frankfurt and a week without the boys

End of August the boys spent a week with Rex in Grenoble. While they were visiting with him I took a trip to Frankfurt to visit Coco. I didn’t know the town and may have been a little prejudiced against it but I really liked it (besides the fact that it is home to the coolest sister). It is a pretty big city but it feels very safe, unlike most other big cities I’ve seen in Europe. It is modern but not in an exagerated way. It was full of simple, active, friendly people. I could tell why Coco was happy there.

We went shopping first thing haha. Old habits! Although I’m not as much a fan of shopping as I used to be. I had fun roaming through the aisles. This aisle was my absolute favorite :

I wish people still wore these besides during Octoberfest. So feminin and flattering!

Coco cooked the best food for me.


After a day of work (I worked from her appartment, she worked from her office), and after touring her office we went to the temple.




Sightseeing with Coco : We started at the Dom, an old cathedral renovated after WWII bombings damaged it. It had a cool organ inside. The guided tour starts at "kein" Uhr in case you’re interested !





What does Ratskeller mean, you ask?... My first guess : a place where a famous rat killer lived. Nope. Then Coco told me keller means cellar... so is it a cellar full of rats? Still No. Apparently it’s the Council cellar, located right behind the city hall. It’s a very nice building. Although the city hall having its own cellar attached to it is a little troublesome in my opinion!




The front of the Rathaus (City Hall)
 The Röhmerberg is definetely a must see.


Goethe’s house


Then Coco took me to one of the coolest covered market places I’ve been to : Kleinmarkthalle (although it is not "klein"). I’d get booed at if I said it beats the Halles in Lyon, but I fell in love with the place. I wish I could have tried all this delicious looking food!









 Eating bratwurst and rindswurst sausages for lunch. Don’t be fooled by the smiling faces, that was before we ate... Haha, sorry German friends... not a big fan of your sausages!

 The opera house.
Longest elevator I’ve been on in the shopping center MyZeil. It’s a pretty cool building and that elevator gets you dizzy.

On Sunday I accompanied Coco to Church and met some of her friends and that was the end of a very short visit.

I left on Monday and picked up the boys on Tuesday. They’d had all sorts of fun too and had tons of things to tell. I’m glad they created good memories with their Dad.

Three days later we finalized the divorce. I will not elaborate too much on that, I have many feelings about it, but this blog is not the place. I wish I could say I understand why it happened. I only have partial answers, but I know I’ve learned and grown from it. I love my two little boys and I’m grateful to be their Mom. It is written in my patriarcal blessing that my children would bring me the greatest blessings and happiness in this life and in the next. I can not count how many times this has already been true. (Even when happiness has come from NOT being with them for a week, haha!)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire