A few (or not so few) pictures of some of our activities in November. The boys and I continue to enjoy the countryside and the joys each season brings. I really do love mountains… I know that's no news… it's just one of those things I marvel at and never get tired of. It's a paradise for boys, I'm grateful to have a chance to enjoy it with them for now. Not knowing what tomorrow holds is for sure nerve wracking but I've really been working at enjoying the present and it makes me happy to see all the beauty God puts on my path.
Another favorite is the Isere river bench, we have to drive down the mountain to get to it but it's only about 10min and it's the only place where the kids can actually ride their bikes (too much gravel, dirt or hills around the house). Josh upgraded to a big-kid-bike with multiple gears and little brother inherited the small bike.
Carrying on the Giraud-Carrier legacy, William gobbles up apple sauce made from the apple trees planted by his great grandpa. These trees have fed 4 generations.
Here's some pretty scary ninja weaponry (made by Josh):
The first snowman of the season (Josh made it with a couple older girls from school):
And the morning walk to school after a snowfall:
The igloo we, who am I kidding…, I, made in the garden:
And a sledding trip to Freydieres with Grand-papa:
![]() |
| a 2nd snowman |
Freydieres again with a couple of American families from church:
And to top off the month of November, we met up with our old friends, Nicole, Thomas, Lars and Yanik in Bern. After 2 years, the younger boys had changed a lot but Josh and Lars just looked a few inches taller. They were pretty excited to see each other even though they only remembered each other through the pictures we'd shown them. After I got lost in German-speaking Bern for at least an hour trying to find them, we had lunch and walked downtown to the bear caves.
It took me 11 tries to attempt to get a picture of all of them watching me. I failed.
My Boulder friends will always have a special place in my heart. I was so glad to be able to visit them.


















Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire