jeudi 21 novembre 2013

Halloween in France

This year the boys decided to be Ninjagos. They discovered the show here in France and they were obsessed with it. I don't love it but I jumped onboard quickly because I thought it would make for some cute and easy costumes. Indeed I just had to buy a pair of colored sweat pants and hoodies for each of them and decorate them with duck tape and they were done.


No difficulty being in character for this little ninja.


Josh's moves were beyond impressive, of course his favorite part of the outfit was the matching sword.



Hiya!

zing, zang…

 why did I go along with this theme again?

Since I hadn't heard of any organized party or activity I teamed up with friends and family members and we planned 2 carnival parties for the kiddos. We organized one at home with all the cousins (my cousins's children were visiting their Grandparents next door for fall break and one of my sisters was home too). And we organized another one at church closer to Halloween day with some of their church friends.

Knock the can game

Aiming game

Face painting






My aunt made delicious cookies that the children decorated… and gobbled up.





The weather was fantastic so the kids played outside endlessly.


I pulled out my balloons and made some swords (that never gets old). 



And we had a fishing game to gather some candy.


Interestingly the Knock-the-can game was the most popular. 


The weather was so fabulous the kids ended up playing outside all afternoon and again the treehouse was the star of the show.

(I think I found my new Boulder as far as scenery goes)



The boys posing with their loot. 

The night before Halloween we went to church downtown for another carnival party and trick or treating feast. 

These kids don't need sugar to be hyper...

The witches

The decoration and another fishing game that was completely snubbed (I recycled it in primary to get my work worthwhile though) 

the popular knock-the-can game

Cool decoration by our friend Dustin.

We decorated cookies again.








And the boys crossed swords endlessly : one for all, all for one! (I think that's what they meant to say but the thing they actually said did not make any sense!)

again, and again, and again!

Then we played the mummy game :




followed by a spontaneous TP fight!


Lastly we took the kids trick or treating down the hall of the church building. The parents (Dustin, Leslie, Emmanuelle and Anne-Laure)  waited on the other side of the doors and distributed candy provided the kids make scary faces or smile. The french way to say "Trick or Treat" is "Des Bonbons ou la vie!" which means "Candy or your life!"… (You can say obnoxious).




Everyone went home happy, and that saved me the pain of going Trick-or-Treating for nothing in the cold (and dark) the next day. Based on the number of kids who came to our house on Halloween night (zero) I'm guessing it would have a little disappointing. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire