jeudi 22 décembre 2011

Graduation and Holiday fun!

There's been a lot going on in the last few weeks, but not much time to post about it so here it is all at once. 
The most exciting event was Russell's graduation ceremony. He finished his Master's classes in the spring but he had not defended his thesis, so he didn't graduate then. Now he is officially a Master in Communication. Congratulations Russell!!



And now that the semester is over we've had time for more Christmas fun: 

At the ward Christmas party. I captured a picture of Josh hugging his friend Sammy. So cute!

 At my friend Emily's Ugly Sweater Party (Sammy's Mom). She is the absolute best party planner. I mostly took pictures of the kids in their ugly sweaters (Josh won 1st place for the ugliest sweater), but the best part of the evening was singing Christmas carols while Emily played the piano. We also shared some tasty Christmas treats.

Playing with Daddy. My kids are lucky they have such a fun, hot-looking Daddy.

  Family Home Evening this week. It was totally improvised... as you can tell. Josh distributed the roles and he insisted he wanted to be a shepherd... 


And our 6th year anniversary was this Tuesday. Russell took me to a SUPER DUPER fancy restaurant in Boulder. Ah! Good food, I love it... mini appetizer, foie gras, fillet mignon... Yum! It was absolutely unaffordable, but delicious.


And today, we woke up buried in the snow. I was in charge of the Knitting Club so we had to go out. (Actually we could probably have cancelled it but I needed to occupy these kids and I'm glad we didn't cancel cause I got to hang out with 2 good friends while the kids ran around the Community Room.)
We played outside a little bit afterwards and "decorated" our wall. (Ok I did) 

The long-legged, skinny-tail creature is supposed to be a dinosaur.

I can't believe Christmas is in 2 days! We'll be home alone for the first time so we'll get to start our own traditions... kind of exciting. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire